to be Completed in 2009
BLRB Architects

The Hamilton Middle School located next to Wallingford Park offers recreational and educational resources in a neighborhood setting. TRA used low native grasses, and flowering plants at the streetscape to integrate with the surrounding residential character, while using formal plantings at the school to enhance the 1927 historic landmark building.

A circular flag plaza features curvilinear seating walls with art tiles made by students and a trellis gateway to the school entry. The plaza scribed with integral color and patterns offers a series of pleasant gathering spaces. The new gymnasium will connect to a  hardscape play area with  potential links to the Wallingford Park athletic fields.